Thursday, October 15, 2009
CENX benefits from bullish market
A recent article cites share gains and volatility associated with CENX stock...in the past 3 months, CENX has risen 100% compared to industry giant Alcoa rising only 55%. The short article can be found at http://stocks.investopedia.com/stock-analysis/2009/Is-There-More-To-Aluminum-Than-Just-Alcoa-AA-CENX-KALU1012.aspx?partner=YahooSA.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am still wishing I had some CENX stock.
ReplyDeleteSo, to make this a perfect blog entry -- summarize your thoughts on why they are outperforming Alcoa.
I don't know if I'd say they are outperforming Alcoa, it's just Alcoa didn't fall as far when the market slid down and aluminum prices were unfavorable. In March 2009, Alcoa's low was $4.97 compared to Century Aluminum low of $1.04. CENX is more concentrated on their product offering, making them much more volatile to aluminum price changes, whereas Alcoa is so much larger and offers a wider array of products, therefore they are not as volatile to aluminum changes as CENX.
ReplyDelete