Friday, December 4, 2009

CENX - Final Post

Throughout the semester I have been evaluating/following CENX (Century Aluminum) and I have come to the conclusion that while their stock is more volatile than their larger competitor (Alcoa), Century does appear to be a strong company, taking initiatives (divestitures, stock for debt swap, using site selection for future plant locations to achieve lower costs, etc) to increase competitiveness in the market.

On 8/31 (the date of my first post), CENX stock high was $12.18...today, Friday Dec 4th, CENX's high was $10.88, closed at $10.34.

I believe this company will continue to gain strength and is an attractive company for investors.

4 comments:

  1. Wesley -- you recommend the company as an investment; is it a company you would like to work for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry just read your email about the final postings...yes, I would recommend the company as an investment. Even though, investing $100 at the beginning of the semester would have resulted in losing $15.11 (using the opening price of $12.18 & closing price of $10.34), I think the strength of the company will provide a rather large increase in the stock price once the market has fully recoverd. Since the company appears to be around for the long haul, and with the stated policies on their website, I would highly consider working for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is both well-written and informative. Good work.

    ReplyDelete